1. Start with the WHY for online and blended learning
Updated: Mar 9, 2020
Sometimes a visual helps get the conversation started. Below is an infographic to help your school grapple with the question: Are we using computers and technology in ways that only improve the lives of our students?
Click here to download a PDF version of the Infographic below, entitled: "Start with the Why for Online and Blended Learning"
With summer approaching, it's a great time to brainstorm positive changes for next year. Feel free to download and distribute the infographic. Use it to spur a conversation with your professional learning community or entire faculty the focuses on these five questions:
1. In what circumstances would our learners benefit from fully online courses?
2. What scenarios can you imagine when blended learning would be superior to traditional classroom instruction? What types of blended learning, rotation models or more flexible?
3. On a scale of 1-5 (with 1 low and 5 high), if we're being honest, to what extent does our organization have a culture of continuous improvement?
4. Are we ready for an incremental approach or a bolder innovation?
5. As we dream about a new experience for teachers and learners, what elements are most important: face-to-face small-group instruction; the quality of the online software; the hands-on projects; adequate exercise, nutrition, and emotional support; or something else?
If you use this infographic, please leave a comment and tell us about your conversation. What insights did you gain? What innovations inspire you for next year? I'd love to hear! (Scroll to the bottom of this page to log in and leave a comment.)